10 Exceptional Podcast Cover Art Ideas to inspire you.
With the right podcast cover art ideas, you can transform a dead podcast to life. Skilled designers know how to pique interest. We cover them below.
Podcast Cover Art ideas With Examples.
Here are our top picks for the best podcast cover art ideas.
Image credit Crime Junkie
The crime junkie podcast is the most popular podcast on the planet. Currently at 35 million unique listeners a month across digital audio platforms.
They are aimed at people obsessed with anything crime. People who have an interest in this niche can immediately relate to its artwork cover.
Its simple design and two-word name communicate the podcast’s message clearly to the target audience.
They have blended two fonts and designs perfectly well, conveying the message that all ‘crime junkies’ will relate to. This podcast cover art idea is great for branding your podcast and making it memorable.
The ID10T podcast (formerly the Nerdist)
Clever use of the name which is a joke IT code that essentially means ‘user error’. The artwork will be recognizable to the host fans because of the unusual imagery and comedic element.
The colors used stand out and draw attention an awesome podcast cover art idea.
Its pop-culture goods and nerd centric niche. It is also a run by a personality & comedian, television host actor and producer Chris Hardwick.
Estimated Design Cost:
Where To Find The Best Podcast Cover Art Designers:
Here are our top picks for podcast cover art designers
99designs is an online directory where you can find very skilled graphic designers. It is one of the best places to find highly qualified designers.
You can use it to hire professionals to meet your design expectations and give you results in the shortest amount of time.
You can search the directory for podcast designers then select them by looking at their reviews and portfolios or you can start a design contest. When you start a design contest you pick the winner.
- Start a Design contest.- you can have multiple designers submit designs to your contest and pick the best one.
- Start a project- you can start a design project and invite the best designer to work on it from within the directory. (type ‘podcast cover art’ on the search bar and pick designers with good reviews and a good portfolio.)
- Escrow- 99 designs keeps the fees securely safe in an escrow to safeguard the interests of its clients. Your money only gets released to the designer when you agree upon the work you received.
- 99 designs will help you gain access to thousands of qualified professionals.
- Higher designers from any location in the world
- You pay when you are happy with the project.
Contest prices start from $249 where multiple designers tackle your requirements. Project prices (different from the contest) have no fixed starting price, and can be negotiated with the designer.
Fiverr is one of the largest online directories to find freelancers. A great place to find professionals at affordable prices.
After going through reviews you can find the most suitable podcast designer and immediately get them to work.
- Choose a gig based on metrics – based on the location, cost of work, or the designer’s experience. You can also pick designers based on their portfolios or reviews they have received over time.
- Review and Changes – You ask the graphic designer to make changes even after the delivery to reach the expected quality. This makes it easier to get work you are satisfied with
- Escrow – Money gets released to the service provider only when you are satisfied with the delivered work.
- Fiverr has a database of thousands of qualified professionals.
- They make sure they vet their professionals to avoid scams.
- Hire people from anywhere in the world.
- Verified certifications of professionals are displayed on their profile to let you know you are hiring a genuinely qualified person.
- You can pay per project.
- If you do not like the work done, you can reject it, without paying if no effort has been made.
The base cost for normal projects is $5. The best professionals are listed under pro Services which start from $500 and can go up to $10,000.
Why Do You Need A Good Podcast Cover Art Idea Design?
Podcast covers work the same way a logo would for a website. They invite people to ‘check out’ your podcast without first-hand experience. It is important to have a design that leaves a good first impression.
Well made quality designs can mean more clicks to your podcast which inturns helps you to rank higher in popular podcast directories. More clicks mean more downloads and out-competing your competitors.
Podcast Cover Art Idea Features & Guidelines
Here are the features of a podcast cover art:
- Size – Podcast cover art dimensions need to be 3000 x 3000 pixels. A 1:1 aspect ratio. The minimum you can design is 1400×1400 pixels. It is recommended to do it in the 3000 pixel ratio as this will scale to all sizes and devices. This matches Apple podcast artwork guidelines
- Accuracy- Meta data and cover art mus accurately represent the audio content.
- Resolution- 72dpi
- File type- JPEG or PNG
- Color Space- RGB
- Be original
- Additional Requirements-, Cannot contain, blurry, misaligned, mismatched, pixelated images. Explicit language, placeholder images, references to illegal drugs, profanity or violence
- No Apple inc copyright infrigment. cannot contain, Apple logos, music, itunes store, visual representation. Read the full apple podcast artwork guidelines
There you have it a list of podcast cover art inspiration from the most successful podcast on the planet. All these podcasts have millions of downloads. while this success is not due to their artwork alone, but they have played a huge part.
You now can select which style you want your artwork to be in. This is how to create podcast cover art. Review all the artwork and see what they have in common and what makes them unique at the same time. We have narrowed what we see as their pros and cons.
Which Podcast Cover inspired you the most? Let me know in the comments below.